Boltaron® 9250 and 9250C are proprietary, thin gauge thermoplastic sheet products that combine maximum light-blocking characteristics with high temperature resistance for aircraft window shades.
9250 is a single color sheet, and 9250C features a double color construction. They offer durability and uniform thermoforming characteristics, and resist abrasion, stains and many chemicals.
Both also meet stringent FAR flammability criteria.
- Maximum light-blocking in thin gauges
- High temperature resistance
- Meets FAR flame test criteria
- Single and double color construction
- FAR 25.853(a)(i) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 60 sec) Pass
- FAR 25.853(a)(ii) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 12 sec) Pass
- Name Test Method Imperial Metric
- Specific Gravity ASTM D792 1.47
- Tensile Strength ASTM D638 7,400 psi 51 MPa
- Flexural Strength ASTM D790 11,000 psi 75.9 MPa
- Flexural Modulus ASTM D790 380,000 psi 2,620 MPa
- Izod Impact Notched ASTM D256 73°F 2.0 ft-lb/in 106.8°C 265 J/m
- Hardness Rockwell ASTM D785 119
- Heat Deflection Annealed ASTM D648 200-205°F @ 264 PSI 93-96°C @1.8 MPa
- Thermal Expansion ASTM D696 1.67 x 10-5/°F 3 x 10-5/°C
- Forming Temperature 380 - 420°F 193 - 215°C
- Drying Not required
- Typical Heater Settings 30 - 50% Top 50 - 70% Bottom
- Radiant Panel Flame Spread Index ASTM E162 <10
- NBS Smoke 0.125 in. ASTM E662 Smoldering mode <100 DS @ 90 sec. <200 DS @ 4 sec.
- NBS Smoke 0.125 in. ASTM E662 Flame mode <100 DS @ 90 sec. <200 DS @ 4 sec.
- LINE "M" P92-507 M1
- MVSS 302 — PASS
* Independent lab tests. All tests at 73 °F (23 °C) in dry conditions unless otherwise noted.
- Name Imperial Metric
- Lengths 120 in 3,048 mm
- Widths 48 in to 1,220 mm
- Gauges from 0.047 to 0.060 in from 1.2 to 1.52 mm
- Custom Sizes Blank sizes, gauges on request