Boltaron® 9815 True Pearl has an integral pearlescent effect that is embedded into the sheet, not just on the surface.
It meets FAR 25.853(a) and FAR 25.853(d) for smoke density and heat release required for aircraft interior components.
This proprietary extruded thermoplastic alloy sheet also expands design freedom with a full range of colors and the widest range of texture options in thermoplastic alloy materials. Boltaron’s unique custom production capabilities also include the ability to manufacture cost-effective low minimums with fast turnaround.
In thermoformed parts, Boltaron® 9815E maintains wall thickness integrity even in deep draws and sharp corners. The consistently uniform quality of the extruded sheet also ensures optimum appearance in flat surfaces and complex formed parts.
The Boltaron impact resistant FAR 25.853(d) rated product family includes 9815E extruded sheet, 9815M in metallic finishes, 9815D with unlimited decorative patterns, 9815P in the widest range of textures, and 9815F film and thin-gauge sheet for 2D and 3D laminating.
- Iridescent Pearl Effect
- Uniform high quality appearance
- Wall thickness integrity in deep draw forming
- Full range of colors, finishes
- Lot-to-lot color consistency
- Instrument panel housings and air ducts
- Class dividers and bulkhead laminates
- Galley and lavatory components
- Bull noses, gap covers and moldings
- Aircraft seating components
Aircraft Interior Uses
- Aircraft seat shell
- Tray table
- Head rest
- IFE bezel
- Lavatory components
- FAR 25.853(a)(i) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 60 sec) Pass
- FAR 25.853(a)(ii) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 12 sec) Pass
- FAR 25.853(d)(Part IV) (OSU Heat Release) (Peak - HRR, kW/m2 <65) (2 Min - HRR, kW min/m2 <65)
- FAR 25.853(d)(Part V) (NBS Smoke) (Ds Max <200)
- Name Test Method Imperial Metric
- Specific Gravity ASTM D792 1.52
- Tensile Strength ASTM D638 4,600 psi 32 MPa
- Flexural Strength ASTM D790 8,700 psi 60 MPa
- Flexural Modulus ASTM D790 410,000 psi 2,827 MPa
- Izod Impact Notched ASTM D256 73 °F 1.0 ft-lb/in 23 °C 53 J/m
- Hardness Rockwell ASTM D785 107
- Heat Deflection Annealed ASTM D648 164 °F @ 264 PSI 72 °C @1.8 MPa
- Thermal Expansion ASTM D696 2.7 x 10-5/°F 4.9 x 10-5/°C
- Mold Shrinkage 0.5 - 0.7%
- Forming Temperature 335-370 °F 168-188 °C
- Typical Heater Settings 30-50% Top, 50-70% Bottom
- Drying Not required
* Independent lab tests. All tests at 73 °F (23 °C) in dry conditions unless otherwise noted.
- Name Imperial Metric
- Lengths to 120 in 3,048 mm
- Widths to 60 in 1,524 mm
- Gauges from 0.028 to 0.250 in from 0.071 to 6.35 mm
- Custom Sizes Blank sizes, gauges on request