Boltaron® 9250 and 9250C are proprietary, thin gauge thermoplastic sheet products that combine maximum light-blocking characteristics with high temperature resistance for aircraft window shades.
9250 is a single color sheet, and 9250C features a double color construction. They offer durability and uniform thermoforming characteristics, and resist abrasion, stains and many chemicals.
Both also meet stringent FAR flammability criteria.
- Maximum light-blocking in thin gauges
- High temperature resistance
- Meets FAR flame test criteria
- Single and double color construction
- FAR 25.853(a)(i) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 60 sec) Pass
- FAR 25.853(a)(ii) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 12 sec) Pass
- Name Test Method Imperial Metric
- Specific Gravity ASTM D792 1.47
- Tensile Strength ASTM D638
- Flexural Strength ASTM D790
- Flexural Modulus ASTM D790
- Izod Impact Notched ASTM D256
73°F 2.0 ft-lb/in
106.8°C 265 J/m
- Hardness Rockwell ASTM D785 119
- Heat Deflection Annealed ASTM D648
200-205°F @ 264 PSI
93-96°C @1.8 MPa
- Thermal Expansion ASTM D696
1.67 x 10-5/°F
3 x 10-5/°C
- Forming Temperature 380 - 420°F 193 - 215°C
* Independent lab tests. All tests at 73 °F (23 °C) in dry conditions unless otherwise noted.
- Name Imperial Metric
to 1,220 mm
from 0.047 to 0.060 in
from 1.2 to 1.52 mm
- Custom Sizes Blank sizes, gauges on request