Thin-gauge companion to Boltaron® 9815E for thermoforming and two- and three- dimensional laminating. Exceptional impact strength and color, texture range.
Identical to extruded Boltaron® 9815E in performance, Boltaron® 9815F is calendered to thinner gauges of 0.010 to 0.035 in. (0.25 to 0.89 mm) for thermoforming and laminating. It meets FAR 25.853(a) and FAR 25.853(d) for smoke density and heat release.
This proprietary thermoplastic alloy sheet has notched Izod impact resistance of 5.0 ft-lb/in. (265 J/m) vs. competitive 65/65 rated products that measure 3.0 ft-lb/in. (159 J/m), improving durability and service life of interior components.
Highly consistent in thermoforming, it maintains wall thickness integrity in deep draws and sharp corners The consistently uniform quality of the thin-gauge sheet also ensures optimum appearance in flat surfaces and complex formed parts.
Boltaron® 9815F is available in the same wide range of colors and low quantity minimums as 9815E. Two available surface textures match 9815E, and another complements it.
The Boltaron impact resistant FAR 25.853(d) rated product family includes 9815E extruded sheet, 9815M in metallic finishes, 9815D with unlimited decorative patterns, 9815P in the widest range of textures and 9815F film and thin-gauge sheet for two- and three-dimensional laminating.
- Can be laminated to flat or 3D metal, FRP or thermoplastic substrates
- Outstanding impact resistance
- Uniform high quality appearance
- Wall thickness integrity in deep draw forming
- Full range of colors, finishes
- Lot-to-lot color consistency
- Instrument panel housings and air ducts
- Class dividers and bulkhead laminates
- Galley and lavatory components
- Bull noses, gap covers and moldings
- Aircraft seating components
Aircraft Interior Uses
- Aircraft seat shell
- Tray table
- Head rest
- IFE bezel
- Lavatory components
- FAR 25.853(a)(i) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 60 sec) Pass
- FAR 25.853(a)(ii) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 12 sec) Pass
- FAR 25.853(d)(Part IV) (OSU Heat Release) (Peak - HRR, kW/m2 <65) (2 Min - HRR, kW min/m2 <65)
- FAR 25.853(d)(Part V) (NBS Smoke) (Ds Max <200)
- Name Test Method Imperial Metric
- Specific Gravity ASTM D792 1.49
- Tensile Strength ASTM D638
- Flexural Strength ASTM D790
- Flexural Modulus ASTM D790
- Izod Impact Notched ASTM D256
73 °F 5.0 ft-lb/in
23 °C 265 J/m
- Hardness Rockwell ASTM D785 107
- Heat Deflection Annealed ASTM D648
170 °F @ 264 PSI
77 °C @1.8 MPa
- Thermal Expansion ASTM D696
1.67 x 10-5/°F
3 x 10-5/°C
- Mold Shrinkage 0.5 - 0.7%
- Forming Temperature 335-370 °F 168-188 °C
- Typical Heater Settings 30-50% Top, 50-70% Bottom
- Drying Not required
* Independent lab tests. All tests at 73 °F (23 °C) in dry conditions unless otherwise noted.
- Name Imperial Metric
to 120 in
to 60 in
from 0.010 to 0.040 in (Rolls <0.040)
from 0.25 to 1.02 mm (Rolls to 1.02 mm)
- Custom Sizes Blank sizes, gauges on request