Boltaron® 9200 and 9200C are proprietary, thin gauge thermoplastic sheet products that offer maximum light-blocking characteristics for aircraft window shades. 9200 is a single color sheet, and 9200C features a double color construction.
They offer durability and uniform thermoforming characteristics, and resist abrasion, stains and many chemicals.
Both meet stringent FAR criteria for flammability, smoke generation and heat release.
- Maximum light blocking in thin gauges
- Meets FAR flame test criteria
- Single and double color construction
- Tough, durable in use
- FAR 25.853(a)(i) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 60 sec) Pass
- FAR 25.853(a)(ii) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 12 sec) Pass
- FAR 25.853(d)(Part IV) (OSU Heat Release) (Peak - HRR, kW/m2 <65) (2 Min - HRR, kW min/m2 <65)
- FAR 25.853(d)(Part V) (NBS Smoke) (Ds @1.5 Min <100) (Ds @4 Min <200)
- Name Test Method Imperial Metric
- Specific Gravity ASTM D792 1.49
- Tensile Strength ASTM D638 6,400 psi 44.2 MPa
- Flexural Strength ASTM D790 10,500 psi 72.5 MPa
- Flexural Modulus ASTM D790 460,000 psi 3,172 MPa
- Izod Impact Notched ASTM D256 73 °F 2.0 ft-lb/in 106.8 °C 265 J/m
- Hardness Rockwell ASTM D785 115
- Heat Deflection Annealed ASTM D648 172 °F @ 264 PSI 78 °C @1.8 MPa
- Thermal Expansion ASTM D696 1.67 x 10-5/°F 3 x 10-5/°C
- Forming Temperature 335 - 365°F 168 - 185°C
* Independent lab tests. All tests at 73 °F (23 °C) in dry conditions unless otherwise noted.
- Name Imperial Metric
- Lengths 120 in 3,048 mm
- Widths 48 in to 1,220 mm
- Gauges from 0.047 to 0.060 in from 1.2 to 1.52 mm
- Custom Sizes Blank sizes, gauges on request