Boltaron® 4335 combines high impact and structural strength, chemical resistance, and multiple UL and ASTM flammability ratings to meet the requirements of diverse formed and fabricated applications.
Extruded form a proprietary thermoplastic alloy, the material features high flexural strength and an Izod impact resistance of 18 ft lbs/in. (953 J/m) for rigidity and durability in finished parts.
Boltaron 4335 also offers UL 94 V-0 and 5V ratings, an ASTM E162 radiant panel flame spread index of <10, and FAA flame test ratings for diverse applications that must meet industry and regulatory agency flammability test requirements.
In forming and fabrication, this non-hygroscopic sheet eliminates the time and costs of pre-drying, has highly consistent thermoforming characteristics lot-to-lot, and maintains uniform wall thickness in deep draws and sharp corners.
Available in the industry’s widest range of colors and textures, Boltaron 4335 also feature highly consistent surface appearance and quality.
- 18 ft lbs/in. (953 J/m) Izod Impact stregth
- High flexural strength modulus
- UL 94 V-0, 5V flammabilty test compliance
- E162 Radiant Panel Flame Spread <10
- FAR 25.853(a) compliance
- Uniform wall thickness in deep draw forming
- Consistent thermoforming characteristics
- Industry's widest range of colors, textures
- Electrical and electronic enclosures
- Insulation panels, components
- Electronic kiosk housings, wiring stanchions
- Airport and commercial information display housings
- Medical and analytical equipment housings
- Aviation-compatible and general use pet carriers
- FAR 25.853(a)(i) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 60 sec) Pass
- FAR 25.853(a)(ii) (Flammability) (Vertical burn, 12 sec) Pass
- Name Test Method Imperial Metric
- Specific Gravity ASTM D792 1.415
- Flexural Strength ASTM D790 9,200 psi 63 MPa
- Flexural Modulus ASTM D790 330,000 psi psi 2,275 MPa MPa
- Izod Impact Notched ASTM D256 18 ft-lb/in @ 73 °F 953 J/m
- Hardness Rockwell ASTM D785 110
- Heat Deflection Annealed ASTM D648 200-205 °F @ 264 PSI 93-96 °F @ 1.8 MPa
- UL 94 @ 0.047 in. (1.2 mm) min. gauge 94 V-0; 5 VB(2)
- UL 94 @0.118 in. (3.0 mm) min. gauge 94 V-0; 5 VA(1)
- UL 94 @0.018 in. (0.45 mm) min. gauge 94 V-0(3)
- Radiant Panel Flame Spread Index ASTM E162 @0.125 in. (3.18 mm) gauge <10
- Mold Shrinkage 0.5-0.7%
- Forming Temperature 335-370 °F 168-185 °C
- Typical Heater Settings 30-50% Top, 30 -50% Bottom
- Pre-Drying Not required
* Independent lab tests. All tests at 73 °F (23 °C) in dry conditions unless otherwise noted.
- Name Imperial Metric
- Lengths to 120 in 3,048 mm
- Widths to 60 in 1,524 mm
- Gauges from 0.028 to 0.250 in from .71 to 6.35 in
- Custom Sizes Blank sizes, gauges on request